Seafarer challenge

But what are the global challenges and dangers that seafarers face?

Last year, more than 200 pirate hijackings were recorded worldwide. It is a negative experience with a long-term psychological impact on the well-being and health of the seafarers. In most cases pirates hijack ships that are sailing off the Somali coast in the Gulf of Aden, so the best way to ensure security of the vessel is to simply bypass the extremely dangerous stretches. It is not an easy task, as this is the shortest route from Europe to Asia. The captain makes the crucial decision, such as passing the dangerous stretch at maximum speed, reporting the route to special authorities, etc. Crew members must remain alert and vigilant, follow the captain’s orders, remain united as a team and be on shift duty.

Vibration, noise, electromagnetic waves. Vessel’s electrical appliances, motors, loud engines, sound signals and wind noise have a detrimental effect on the crew’s health. Over time, this results in circulatory disorders, auditory nerve disorders and heart problems. If not treated, these disorders often progresses to serious illnesses. Minor symptoms are aggravated by psychological problems and stress. How to deal with these problems? Proper use of the equipment in accordance with instructions and strict adherence to safety instructions (wearing special clothing, organizing work in advance and not exceeding working hours) can help significantly.

@iv444

psychological problem is wide spread issue among seafarers and reason for that are various

@emma do you help me please I need of job

Have 2 ship experience of LPG tanker kindly give me one chance please